Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Friday, April 19, 2013

Mounds, Mountains & Motivation

Many of us pitter-patter through life, barely making it over mounds (the little stuff - heartache, financial challenges, momentary frustration, etc) and certainly many of us approach the mountains in our lives (the big stuff - death of loved ones, sickness, disease, etc) as if we are already defeated.  The mounds of dirt and mountains we climb (or avoid), should motivate us to live, love and thrive which is more than mere survival. 

Climbing the huge mountains of life has taught me patience, encouraged me to endeavor to reach its peak at all cost and has endowed me with wisdom, strength, persistence, increased faith and the ability to embrace me as I journey upwards!

Below are inspirational quotes to help you see beyond the mounds and mountains and live continuously Embracing YOU!!! As you are beautifully and wonderfully made. Embrace every moment; it matters!
  
"Do not dwell on what appears to be failure too long; it was necessary for your growth and the development of your character.  Take the lessons and move on"
~ Stacie J. Whitaker-Harris
"Through perseverance many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure"
~ Benjamin Disraeli
"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory"
~ Theodor Geisell
"Don't let your failures define you -- let them teach you"
~ President Barack Obama

 SCRIPTURE: PSALM 121:1-8 NLT
I look up to the mountains - does my help come from there?
My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!
He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not stumble.

Indeed he who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps.
The Lord himself watches over you!
The Lord stands beside you as a protective shade.

The sun will not harm you by day nor the moon at night.
The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life.
The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go,
both now and forever.

PRAYER:
Most gracious and loving God my Father, I pray for your continual guidance as I discover the newness in this life journey, embracing me and certainly the God in me, each and every day. In Christ name I pray, Amen



 

No comments:

Post a Comment