Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Facade: At Odds With God

POEM

This is not a facade,
Yes, I truly love my God,
But my skin,
This flesh filled with sin,
Is always at odds with my God

No, it is not God's desire
That my soul should perish in the lake of fire,
He sent His son Jesus Christ the Messiah,
So that we could come to know Him - Go higher,

Rising above our sinful nature
But even with mercy and grace
I still find myself bound by guilt and shame,
What a contradiction, such a disgrace,

Especially since I have an agonizing distaste,
A distaste for the enemy of my soul,
And certainly because God says so,
I'm worth more than diamonds, rubies and gold

Why then do I feel the need to sell my soul,
Bleeding continuously as the truth unfolds,
The enemy believes in casting doubt,
Doubt beginning with my own fears,

He feeds on my anxiety
This is the facade that over shadows our society
My sobriety begins where my love ends,
And my growing hate paves way for revenge

But with whom do I fight
Does the enemy have me bound and at odds
Or is it the distortion of truth fueling my own hidden agenda against my God
Now THAT my love, is the true revealing of a life long facade

"We do not wrestle against flesh and blood, 
but against the rulers, against the authorities, 
against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, 
against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places" 
~ Ephesians 6:12

All to often, many of us feel trapped, confused, frustrated, lost or as if we are fighting against ourselves but I want to remind you that you are God's best! Facades are the working of the enemy to cloud your mind and your vision of self.  We all question our existence, our purpose, our failures and we even feel like we are at odds with God. It's okay to question -- introspection is good for your growth. So take time to look in the mirror of life as well as your own reflection, take the mask off and get real with where you are. If you are hurting, acknowledge it...whatever you feel, recognize it and remember: what's healthy is seeing, hearing, feeling and dealing but what derails is running, hiding, ignoring and down playing. I love you but God loves you best!

PRAYER:
Jehovah Jireh, supplier of every need, step into my heart. Expose dark places within me. Enter into my fears and cast them out. Make my failures useful for Your purpose. Cleanse even my reflection so that when I look at myself, I see the evidence of You in all Your splendor. Open my hears to Your soft whispers. Help me to stand with You and not be defensively at odds with You. I want to know You in the beauty of Holiness. Receive me into the shadows of Your wings and cast shadows of doubt and sins residue into the sea of forget fullness. In the precious name of Christ the Messiah I pray with faith, Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment