Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Building Again

"BUILDING AGAIN"
Posted from Wednesday Morning Worship & Word dated 4/3/2013

Most of us are used to an exegesis of the biblical text or rather a critical explanation or interpretation but today I shall not do that.  I am simply going to use the text, comparing it to us and life - providing real life, tangible and relevant word that will leave each of us pondering this thing - this word entitled "Building Again".

It is my prayer that this word is food for your mind, body, spirit and soul.  I pray that it nourishes you.  I pray that it improves you and for some it may release you into a new place.  It may clarify somethings, taking away distortions, faulty thinking or misunderstandings.  I pray you open and avail yourself to a new era, a new way, a new fire, a new breath, a new life and certainly, a new foundation.

"The greatest good you can do for an other is not 
just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own"
~ Benjamin Disraeli


SCRIPTURE REFERENCE:    EZRA 3:11-12 NIV
"With praise and thanksgiving they sang to the Lord: “He is good; his love toward Israel endures forever.” And all the people gave a great shout of praise to the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid. But many of the older priests and Levites and family heads, who had seen the former temple, wept aloud when they saw the foundation of this temple being laid, while many others shouted for joy.

Do you understand the nature and importance of foundation?
Definition of foundation: (noun)
  • the basis or ground work of anything 
  • the basis for something physical or mental
  • the natural or prepared ground or base on which some structure rests
  • the lowest division of a building, wall, or the like
    (Partly or wholly below the surface of the ground)
  • the act of founding, setting up, establishing
The foundation is also known as the root, reason, ground work, base, infrastructure, nuts and bolts and/or support

You know, when something like a building has been built on faulty grounds, it may not topple quickly/immediately but it is certain to cave in/give way and/or crumble at some point.  Even if the foundation is strong, over time it may grow weak.  Today, I would like for each of us to consider ourselves buildings and also builders.  

However, the only way we will successfully master building another building is to check the foundation that we stand on.  And if we see damage in the foundation, if there are cracks in the infrastructure we must decide whether the damages are mendable or be wise enough, intelligent enough and even courageous enough to bring in the wrecking crew.  

Allow them to totally tear us down and then allow ourselves to trust the Master builder to align our foundation, to fortify our core, to smooth rough surfaces, to totally redesign us, building a more solid and aesthetically resolute building.

This  is our job as Kingdom dwellers:  to build and be built - to be rebuilt and to rebuild.  This is what we do with the church - more specifically, the body of Christ.  We build those who are weary, those who are broken, those who are lost, those who go astray, those seeking redemption and restoration, those falling apart, those crumbling, those with cracks, those burnt out and yes, even us.

Rejoice in the initial formatting and planning of your building! Rejoice in the manufacturing and construction of your building! And yes, even rejoice in the collapse of your building, knowing God himself is the Master builder, always ready to repair and rebuild. No matter what state you are in, God is more than capable of restoring you to a state better than you were previously. Be open to the continuous process of building. Certify and approve the Master Builders presence by simply saying, "God Almighty, the one who alone is the solid rock, it is well. I receive you now and always. Build me AGAIN"



No comments:

Post a Comment