Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Focus on God



Focus on God

God wants us to reduce – get back to the basics, simplicity.

Some of us think we need to do a whole lot but the word of God contains specifics about His expectations for and of us.

This may sound redundant. It may not be exciting or charged with emotions but truth is; my life is predicated on my obedience.  Not only to be transparent but to speak the less favorable messages as well as to provide reminders that we each have been called to a place to hear God for ourselves. 

We have been called to choose obedience to the Lord, to a place of repentance and right living, to a place of self-awareness and to know our identity as God’s children.

We have been called to a place of true worship, to tear down altars, called away from idolatry. We have been called to care for the orphans and widows. We have been called to be concerned about our brothers and sisters as keepers.

We have been called to be available month pieces for the Lord.  We have been called to a place of life.  We have been called to a place of growth and maturity.  We have been called to believe God – trust Him and not be weary in well doing nor anxious for anything.  We have been called to forgive and to love.

We are the examples of Christ in the earth.  We ought walk in the fruits of the spirit and keep it simple: “Focus on God and what pleases Him”

Matthew 6:33 NLT
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously,
and he will give you everything you need

Galatians 5:22-23 NIV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.


PRAYER :
Most Holy God, humbly I ask You to renew my mind, grant me the consistency necessary to live a life full of devotion, peace, joy, kindness, fortitude, grace, faith, integrity, generosity, passion, balance and discipline to live uninhibited for your glory as I utilize every gift in me and in this life to show love to my brothers and sisters. Help  me to turn off the noise in this  life and to learn to simply sit at your feet. Fill me up with goodness, I pray in Jesus name, Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment