Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Death Bed

Death Bed
By Titus Broom
 
There once was a man that lay breathing heavily on his deathbed.  Friends and family had already been by to say their finale goodbyes, so the man requested to spend his final minutes alone in prayer. The family and friends respecting his request stepped out into the hall closing the door behind them.
 
The man began to grasp the rails of the bed as he pulled himself up and bowed his head. He spoke saying, “Lord I thank you for the life you have given me and all that you allowed me to do.”
 
Just then he heard a voice say yeah right, opening up his eyes the man saw, people he didn't recognize surrounding his bed. He asked, “Am I dead?” One of the individuals standing around said no, not yet. We just thought before you did die you needed to be confronted by all that will be dying with you.
 
The man looked at the faces around the bed in desperation saying I don't understand. One of the individuals standing at the foot of the bed said, “We represent all the wasted time, the words you did not say when you were supposed to, the books you did not write, the love you did not give, the dreams you did not fulfill, the ideas that never got off paper, the forgiveness you would not extend and the promises not kept.”
 
The man said but I did this and I did not have time to do that, and she wouldn't forgive me so I did not forgive her. Silence, one of the individuals yelled, while pointing a finger into the man’s face, we don't want to die, we want to live, yet we are doomed to be added to the library of endless potential found in cemetery's around the world. The faces of the individuals (potential) showed great anger and then suddenly they disappeared.
 
The man’s prayer changed from Lord thank you for this and thank you for that, into Lord, I'm so sorry for not using the life you gave me the way you wanted. Then the man and all his potential died.
 
Question who or what will be around your deathbed? What we do with our lives today, until that day, will determine who is there.  Trust me I know – I've been there twice.
 
Written by Titus Broom Inspired By a comment he heard Les Brown make. ©2009
 
 
Titus Broom lives in Charlotte, NC and is a Motivational Speaker, Writer and Poet
 
Connect with him via:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment