Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Monday, January 23, 2012

Hell & Heaven at 8 (New Reviews)

Hell & Heaven at 8
By: Stacie J. Whitaker-Harris



Purchase your book today for $14.95 by clicking the link below



Review testimonials of women and men whose lives changed after reading "Hell & Heaven at 8".

TESTIMONIAL 1:
You spoke to me and my colleagues at  CCBC Essex about your book "Hell & Heaven at 8" & embracing ourselves. I didn't read the book right away but when I did, I read it cover to cover in less than 3hrs. It was that captivating. To think that someone so young could endure so much made me think about my own life and past experiences. From drug addictions to foster home involvement, I too could relate. Reading your story made me realize that many people relate, they just hold it in or brush it off. But they don't realize that apart of embracing yourself is embracing the bad as well as the good.
I read this thinking "Wow, I just want to meet this little girl and let her know that everything will be alright." But, I met her. And it was her who told me everything will be alright. It was her who loves herself more than anything, despite her past. And I'm grateful for such a good read and for being able to meet such a good person. I can't wait for the next installment to this series and I'm recommending it to all my friends and family. I've been inspired so I know they will be too.
Thanks again for your time and the courage to share your story.
Sincerely

Inspired of Essex, Maryland

TESTIMONIAL 2:
Hell & Heaven at 8 really helped me take a closer look at resolving my own hurts and pains. I had to look at my failed marriage again but through a different lens. Thank you

Queen of Greensboro, North Carolina

 TESTIMONIAL 3:

Bravo, Stacie. You have gone to great lengths to revealingly and documenting the abuse and suffering of your childhood. You have done a great job writing of the difficulties which have shaped your life. I applaud you for being so candid. This has happened in too many homes throughout the U.S. I think you represent the forthright and dedicated leadership that Dr. King felt was needed to lead coming generations. I thank you for sharing your experiences in early life and applaud your discovery of God who is there to guide you.

Thank you,

Harriet Stulman, Board Member of INNterim Housing Corporation
 TESTIMONIAL 4:

Hell & Heaven at 8 is a wonderfully intriguing story.  I love how the father's wrote letters.  They acted as a way to make amends demonstrating the love of the father. Its amazing how you went through what you did with your family but hold no resentment, using your past experiences to inspire others.  The book also says its okay to tell the truth about yourself because the truth sets you free.

Mr. Hargrove of Middle River, Maryland 

TESTIMONIAL 5:
Ms. Stacie, thank you for sharing your story.  It really let me see that no matter what comes our way we can persevere.  I have always felt alone like no one understood me because I was quiet.  Well its because I have been in foster care. I have been treated bad, even abused which isn't easy to admit.  I now feel ready to share my story to help other foster care kids. Thanks again.
Scott of Owings Mills, Maryland
TESTIMONIAL 6:
Dear Ms. Harris, it was a pleasure meeting you face to face. Your story really touched my heart. Reading it now helps me understand your passion and commitment to helping others. I thank God for you! Keep doing what you are doing knowing, with God all things are possible.
Mrs. Henson of Baltimore, Maryland

TESTIMONIAL 7:
Amazing how the entire "Hell & Heaven at 8" story has a lot of teaching in the book. It took me back to my childhood and other areas in my life. It's awesome, especially the piece about trust. Anybody young, old, man or woman can take something from it. For men as long as they can get pass their thoughts of possible bashing they will get it - they'll get the lessons.  I am not an avid reader but I read it in one sitting. Some of the stories I had to read over and over especially the introduction.  It was the concept of the apologies.  We really do have to understand the weight of our words. 
Torment makes us go crazy outside ourselves, especially men like me who try to keep the dirt hidden. Accountability is the great equalizer. Embracing me is perfect because as the story unfolds and breaks down into different pieces it helped me to embrace me. I could totally relate.  It helped me put somethings back in place within myself.  All in all, wonderful book!
Chris of Columbia, Maryland
TESTIMONIAL 8:
God kept you with purpose.  The healing of a nation is at hand ~ from the inside out!
Dr. Greene of Pikesville, Maryland
TESTIMONIAL 9:
Reading Hell and Heaven at 8 ... Opened my eyes to see how blessed I was growing up. I had a two parent home and they showed that they loved me. I was born blessed and I'm  walking in blessings daily.
Linda Mayo of Parkville, Maryland

"Embracing Me" Series Launches With "Hell & Heaven at 8"
"In order to know who you really are, In order to know the power which you possess, In order to grow, In order to live and be free, You must first be willing to embrace every moment…The days before your existence, The days when you came to be and the legacy that you will leave behind…Know thyself, Embrace who you are"  
~ Stacie J. Whitaker- Harris ~
(Baltimore, MD)— "Hell & Heaven at 8", one of four books in the Embracing Me series written by Stacie J. Whitaker-Harris, tells of her life’s journey from girlhood to womanhood while experiencing the disappointments of rape, molestation and other abuses that life serves. The story unfolds in eight-year increments, offering a glimpse into pivotal points in Harris’ life journey that have allowed her to heal, grow and embrace the woman she was created to be, using the way points as a platform for development.
According to Harris, this memoir is offered as a building block to encourage healing for women, men and families who have experienced life’s trauma and difficulties--"Unfortunately, my story is a common one, often held inside, leaving young women wounded for generations. Although the book discloses true accounts of my life, it is not to bash or tear down but rather to build". As a turn from the norm, Harris’ book intersperses letters of apology from various men of varying backgrounds and experiences who speak to Harris’ experiences along the book’s journey.
"Hell & Heaven at 8," not only shares Harris’ own poignant, painful, and victorious story, but the letters of apology dispersed throughout the series from men, serve to inspire, encourage, motivate, and direct other women to embrace healing themselves. According to Dr. Allen C. Barham Sr., "I’m confident that not only will Stacie’s personal memoir touch your heart, and prod your instincts, but you will also find one, or many, letters in the series that will strike a powerful chord within your spirit that will provoke your emotions to react. Don’t be afraid of reacting, and of acting; it’s the non-action that has kept you stuck".
Harris believes healing broken women leads to healing and restoration of broken boys, men and eventually, families and uses a combination of reflection and restoration as evident through the letters distributed throughout the text as a catalyst to promote this healing process.

Purchase your book today for $14.95 by clicking the link below



Share this information with family and friends

Thank you!!!

LOOK FOR BOOKS II - IV OF THE EMBRACING ME SERIES COMING AUGUST 2013

"16 Tears" 
"Death at 24"
"32 The Awakening"


3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of Stacie Harris as she is walking in the path the lord has laid for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Neat post. There's a problem with your website in internet explorer, may check thisกK IE still is the marketplace chief and a huge section of people will leave out your magnificent writing because of this problem.
    Champion Sports Foam Croquet Set

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eddie. Will have tech support to take a look at it. Blessings

      Delete