Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Friday, January 13, 2012

Hell & Heaven at 8 - Embracing Me Book I

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE


"Embracing Me" Series Launches With
 "Hell & Heaven at 8"

"In order to know who you really are, In order to know the power which you possess, In order to grow, In order to live and be free, You must first be willing to embrace every moment…The days before your existence, The days when you came to be and the legacy that you will leave behind…Know thyself, Embrace who you are"    
~ Stacie J. Whitaker- Harris


(Baltimore, MD)— "Hell & Heaven at 8", one of four books in the Embracing Me series written by Stacie J. Whitaker-Harris, tells of her life’s journey from girlhood to womanhood while experiencing the disappointments of rape, molestation and other abuses that life serves. The story unfolds in eight-year increments, offering a glimpse into pivotal points in Harris’ life journey that have allowed her to heal, grow and embrace the woman she was created to be, using the waypoints as a platform for development.


According to Harris, this memoir is offered as a building block to encourage healing for women, men and families who have experienced life’s trauma and difficulties -- "Unfortunately, my story is a common one, often held inside, leaving young women wounded for generations. Although the book discloses true accounts of my life, it is not to bash or tear down but rather to build". As a turn from the norm, Harris’ book intersperses letters of apology from various men of varying backgrounds and experiences who speak to Harris’ experiences along the book’s journey.


"Hell & Heaven at 8," not only shares Harris’ own poignant, painful, and victorious story, but the letters of apology dispersed throughout the series from men, serve to inspire, encourage, motivate, and direct other women to embrace healing themselves. According to Dr. Allen C. Barham Sr., "I’m confident that not only will Stacie’s personal memoir touch your heart, and prod your instincts, but you will also find one, or many, letters in the series that will strike a powerful chord within your spirit that will provoke your emotions to react. Don’t be afraid of reacting, and of acting; it’s the non-action that has kept you stuck".


Harris believes healing broken women leads to healing and restoration of broken boys, men and eventually, families and uses a combination of reflection and restoration as evident through the letters distributed throughout the text as a catalyst to promote this healing process.

COMING JUNE 2015:

Embracing Me Memoir II: "16 Tears"

Embracing Me Memoir III: "Death At 24"

Embracing Me Memoir IV: "32 The Awakening"






2 comments:

  1. May God continue to bless you Stacie in all you do to change lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queen, all I can simply say is GRACE, MERCY, AND FAVOR! God has released greatness through you! Remain encouraged in God trusting just as you have, embracing just as you do, believing as things unfold. Hoping for the blessings promised to you.

    I AM MY SISTERS KEEPER
    Shanelle

    ReplyDelete