Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It's Too Much for Me

“It’s too Much for Me”
Romans 12:9-16
Let love be without hypocrisy.  Abhor what is evil.  Cling to what is good.  Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; no lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. 
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.  Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.  Be of the same mind toward one another.  Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble, do not be wise in your own opinion.
I dreamed I was “supposed” to be a passenger on a boat but when we set sail the captain asked me to check the deck and make sure everything was in its proper place.  I had no problem checking the deck so I did.  When I came back I saw an old college friend and we chatted for a while.  The captain interrupted our conversation asking me to check on and maintain the children as they were getting a little out of control.  Just as I got them to settle down and was about to sit to relax, I was asked to climb to the top of the boat and watch for trouble.  Now I did this but as I climbed to the top I asked myself, “What are you doing?  You didn’t come here for this!  You don’t even like heights!”
To those watching I was doing what I was asked to do but on the inside I was freaking out about the task.  When I reached the top I did not see any trouble but then the winds picked up and began blowing the thin string I was holding on to.  I was afraid and said to myself even more, “This is not your job.  Why are you up here? This is too much.”  The winds calmed and I climbed down.  Again I thought I would be able to rest as a regular passenger but I was asked to entertain the other guests.  The list went on and on with things for me to do and I did them, hesitant at first but then happy to do them because at least they did not require climbing. 
At the end of the trip, the boat was docked and everyone dismounted the boat.  We were supposed to take the children on a tour but I was tired.  I decided I would stay on the boat to rest but the captain insisted I come with him, saying they had something for me.  Reluctantly I climbed off the boat and followed everyone.  We entered a huge restaurant and to my surprise I was the guest of honor.  Everyone there celebrated me, serving me hand and foot.  I had a major feast, tasting everything in and out of sight.  It was wonderful!
When I woke up I looked around seeing the many tasks I needed to complete, remembering the many hats I wear daily as mother, friend, sister, aunt, business owner, minister, mentor, teacher and more.  Some hats I asked to wear and others I had no clue I would have the opportunity, pleasure, calling or gifting to wear.   As I consider the dream and its parallel to my everyday living according to the word of God I am reminded to be selfless.  Just as God watches our every move, so have we the eyes of people, watching, ridiculing, scrutinizing and judging; they even hope to learn from us.  They wait to see how we handle what comes our way.  They listen to see if we complain.  They watch how we love others. 
In the end we must remind ourselves to be encouraged, rejoicing in all things.  We must be steadfast, diligent and loving, wearing our hats, taking on the challenges that come our way, helping others with patience and gentleness.  Even when the tasks seem too much to accomplish or appears too much to bear alone; fear not as you are both chosen and equipped for every task.  I encourage you today to be diligent, rejoicing in the hope of the Lord, serving others with gladness, being patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer while tending to the needs of others with hospitality. 
NOW SAY THIS WITH ME:
IT’S NOT TOO MUCH FOR ME!!!
SICKNESS, NO DISEASE, NIETHER PARENTHOOD, NOR MARRIAGE, NOT MY JOB, THE EMPLOYEES, NONE OF THE BILLS, FINANCIAL CHALLENGES, WAR INSIDE MY HEAD, HOME AND THROUGHOUT THE WORLD, NOT THE JUDGMENT, MY PERSECUTORS, NOR THOSE WHO STAND AGAINST ME, NO HOUSE OR CAR, NOT FEAR, BEING MOTHERLESS OR FATHERLESS, NO ABUSER, NO INSECURITY, NOT CLASSISM, SEXISM, RACISM, NO PAST ISSUE, NO WICKEDNESS THAT SEEKS MY LIFE…NONE OF THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME!   
GOD IS MY SUSTAINER AND MY STRENGTH.  I SHALL ENDURE WITH PATIENCE, KINDNESS AND LOVE FOR WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE AND NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment