Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Everything has an opposite

Everything has an opposite…
Psalm 107
4-They wandered in the wilderness in a desert way;
they found no city of habitation.
5-Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them.
6- Then they cried unto Jehovah in trouble,
and he delivered them out of their distresses,
7-He led them also by a straight way,
that they might go to ta city of habitation.
8-Oh that men would praise Jehovah for his loving-kindness,
and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
9-For he satisfieth the longing soul,
and the hungry soul he filleth with good
10-Such as sat in darkness and in the shadow of death
being bound in affliction and iron
11-Because they rebelled against the words of God,
and contemned the counsel of the Most High:
12-Therefore he brought down their heart with labor;
they fell down, and there was none to help
13-Then they cried unto Jehovah in their trouble,
and he saved them out of their darkness
Everything in the earth has its opposites.  All that goes up must come down.  If you go out, you had to first go in.  If you have the ability to turn left, you have an opportunity to turn right.  Dark streets are filled and brightened with its opposite, light in the form of lamp posts.   
At some time in my life I lived opposite all that I live now.  I was fearful but now am both bold and courageous.  Once my ears were closed to all things beautiful but now I can hear even the birds as they sing.  My lips were bound with silence but now I speak with power and authority.  My eyes saw with limits in black and white but now my vision is full of vivid colors.  My heart was closed and I could feel nothing but now my heart is open to love with every fabric of my being.
Most of all, I once was lost, but now am found.  I was lost without hope, lost without focus, lost to my burdens, lost in my mind, lost to strongholds, lost without faith…But finally one day at my lowest point I decided to change.   I wanted better and therefore decided; in order to have better I must first think better.  I decided to change my mind, making every negative a positive, turning every wrong turn into a right turn.
Now my hope is built on a solid rock.  I am no longer bound by the past, ill thinking, deceit, manipulation, or words…not even my own words.  I am no longer dead but I am now alive.  Free to live a fuller, healthy, more vibrant and fulfilling life.  Why?  Because I declared it from my mouth and spirit and am living it!  I am actualizing positives even with negative forces trying to tear down that hope which is now built.  Certainly, everything has its opposite.  How are you handling the opposites in your life?
Psalm 107 says give thanks to God which means we were possibly murmuring and complaining during difficulties.  I say make the change, decide to rejoice and give thanks instead and in advance.  Psalm 107 goes on to say the people were in the wilderness, a city with no habitation.  They were hungry and thirsty but just as they cried out in their trouble; God delivered them from their distresses.  He took them from a desolate place to a place full of life with resources.  The text goes on and on proving the point of opposites.  Everything empty became full and so forth and so on.
I want to encourage you this day, every pain has its end just as Ecclesiastes 3 says there is a time and place, a season for all things so make up your mind to see your opposites workout for your good.  The word declares it in Romans 8:28 all things work together for good.  Again I ask, how are you handling the opposites in your life?  Declare from your mouth that your negatives are your positives! Speak LIFE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment