Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wrestling with Demons

Wrestling with Demons
This past March, 2011, my sister Karen died.  She was only thirty-three.  Ever since she made her transition I have fought with myself considering the parallels of our lives.  Why is it that we experienced many of the same struggles but I am here and she is not?  I have considered the battle that began when we were little girls.  My sister had “abnormal” experiences with the spirits. 
One night while my family slept Karen began screaming in a high pitched voice.  My mom, step-dad, brothers, sister and I scrambled, dazed and afraid of what we would see upon entering her bedroom.  As my step-dad turned on the light Karen sat erect in bed, grasping the covers with wild eyes as tears streaked her cheeks.   My mom began asking her what was wrong.  She looked as though she saw a ghost.  After three attempts of asking what was wrong, Karen blurted out, “It was a lot of them”.  We were all confused.  My oldest brother asked if she had seen mice.  She shook her head and said, almost yelling, “NO, spirits…it was a lot of them.”  
Karen wrestled with these same demons, or spirits as some may say, all the rest of her life until the day she transitioned.  My cousin told me just before my sister died she had been in the bathroom for half an hour telling him the voices would not stop talking to her.  My cousin said when Karen finally emerged from the bathroom she looked dazed as if she’d been fighting.  She told him the demons were telling her to just give up, just quit, give up and quit.  It was there she fell in the floor, took her last breath and died.  The doctors and coroner said it was natural causes, others say she was simply crazy but I say it was spiritual warfare.
My battle is not necessarily my sister’s battle but I’ve had my share of voices telling me to just quit.  Even now I often hear the voice of doubt trying to discount, discredit and discourage me from growing in the purpose God created for my life.  I could have died just like my sister but each time death came it was met with resistance from me.  I determined in my spirit that I would live out the purpose for my life and would not die.  The demon of depression came but I beat it.  The demon of a broken heart came, I cried a lot but pushed forward having my heart restored…I won that battle also.  Sickness and disease came, I conquered that too.   
See, we all have our own demons to wrestle with.  Some see with their natural eyes, some with their spirits but we all have unexplainable encounters, ones we acknowledge and those we do not.  God has already determined the outcome but it’s you that must stand resolved in your faith or give in and be consumed by those spirits that come to steal, kill and destroy.  My suggestion, put on the whole armor of God that you may have the proper tools to not only wrestle with your demons but to win every battle.
 May God’s grace, mercy and favor be with you.  May the battles of your mine be resolved.  May your faith increase.  May your peace grow in abundance.  May you be enlightened with the wisdom of God.  May you stand fearless, knowing God’s Angels war on your behalf.  May you overcome your days of wrestling with demons with victory and triumph. In Jesus Name, Amen
Ephesians 6:13-18
Wherefore take up the whole armor of God,
that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and, having done all, to stand. 
Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; withal taking up the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God:
all prayer and supplication praying at all seasons in the Spirit,
and watching thereunto in all perseverance and supplication for all the saints

No comments:

Post a Comment