Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'm on Fire, Fire on me

“I’m on Fire, Fire on me”
By: Stacie J. Whitaker-Harris
Hot and bothered
Teetering on explosions edge
A Woman with an intense fire
Spirit exposed
Burning with passion
Fire devours oxygen
Giving increase to its flames
Consuming some
Stirring others
The Elders say, “Control yourself”
The young say, “On with it”
I say, “Lord help me”

Reflections enter my mind of the first time a passionate fire ignited in my soul.  My heart raced uncontrollably; almost visibly pounding out of my chest.  My breathing had no syncopated rhythm.  Beads of sweat formed lines on my forehead creating streaks on my face.  It was as if every moment were in hells fire.  When I spoke my voice trembled with a deep, rich, bold texture – It said, “Hey!  I really mean what I say and you need to listen to me”. 
Whether defending my character, fighting for justice and equality, expressing my feelings with hopes to convince that special someone my love was pure or in the midst of heated discussions in class, one could always see the spark in my eyes.  Daily I strive to continue with the same consistent, intense passion and desire to assist others, to improve the quality of life for all and to enjoy living – fully living.  Often I wonder why some try to douse my enthusiasm for life, love and liberty.  There are times when certain tasks seem too difficult to accomplish by myself.  In those moments I look for persons possessing the same zeal and commitment to life as I embrace.   
The fire makes known its presence in every area of my life.  Attracting others to the light of my fire and we combine as one, creating an explosion drawing attention and focus to the purpose of life.  It’s important for us to forego the shame of our deep sense of connection to the earth, to people, to living – We, the fire starters and carriers should NOT act in the manner others expect, as we are NOT duplicates in approach to resolutions.  I say, “Lord help me, as I get on with it”.  So long as I breathe, my fire shall not die, therefore my passion cannot fade.
I encourage you to grasp an ember, sparking your own flames, lighting paths, changing the world as we know it! Be on fire and let the fire be on you!!!
SAY THIS PRAYER:
Lord God I thank you for allowing the ember to catch hold of my spirit, creating a trail that connected my heart, mind, body and spirit.  Thank you for the charge you give to me daily to LIVE, simply live.  Lord, help me to remain committed to the purpose for which you designed me.  Breathe on me. Breathe in me. Decrease the voices of the naysayers and increase the fire within that it may consume negativity and give life to positives, changing this world daily.  Bless me in my going out and my coming in.  Shield me with your hand of protection.  With passionate fire I seek your will to be done in my life and on earth as it is in heaven, In Christ name I pray, Amen.
Ezekiel 1:4-28
Then I looked, and behold, a whirlwind was coming out of the north, a great cloud with raging fire engulfing itself; and brightness was all around it and radiating out of its midst like the color of amber, out of the midst of the fire…and each one went straight forward; they went wherever the spirit wanted to go, and they did not turn when they went…their appearances was like burning coals of fire, like the appearance of torches going back and forth among the living creatures.  The fire was bright, and out of the fire went lightning.  And the living creatures ran back and forth, in appearance like a flash of lightning…Wherever the spirit wanted to go, they went, because there the spirit went…for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels…Also from the appearance of His waist and upward I saw, as it were, the color of amber with the appearance of fire all around within it; and from the appearance of His waist and downward I saw, as it were, the appearance of fire with brightness all around.  Like the appearance of a rainbow in a cloud on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the brightness all around it.  This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment