Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Sunday, August 7, 2011

How Long

“How Long”
It is easy to rejoice when a baby is born or when he takes his first steps.  Certainly we learn to celebrate that same child throughout his life, preparing him along the way for greater blessings.  It’s easy to rejoice when a new love is found, a union is formed, vows are made and new life begins.
Dare I make the analogy comparing the fate of an oppressed people who for too long sits idly pointing fingers having forgotten its first love?  A people who fight against itself, having converted from physical chains to mental, social, emotional and all other forms of bondage.  When will we wake up celebrating where it all began for us? When will we remember our first steps of freedom? When will we remember our heritage? When will we repent cast away differences and ban together as one union in love? When will we receive our land, not the American dream, built with the blood of many from foreign nations but the promises of God? 
Everything in the earth was freely given to us by our creator.  He commanded that we put nothing and no one before him.  Yet we pay for the waters which fall freely from the mountains springs, with many making claims that it belongs solely to him.  We place money, power and even the gems of the earth before God.  We allow these things to lead us instead of being led by the spirit of God.  These things bring strife and envy, leading to murder and other chaotic destructions. 
Here we stand in a barren land believing it is our plenty.  We have been in this land with its struggles for long enough.  Much like the prophet Jeremiah I see us as a people still trying to live according to a society that has lost its way.  Having been founded on biblical principles now lost in false hopes, idolizing the paper that comes from the trees…the trees which are our life.  We tear down every resource that was placed in the earth, contaminate all the waters from end to end, search outside of the earth, amongst the stars because of foolish curiosity, arrogance and ungratefulness, building houses and hotels on the moon as if the earth isn’t enough.
Just as Jeremiah’s heart sunk so does mine, for to watch the people, an oppressed people run, scared and weary fighting against one another disheartens me.  How long will we stand disconnected from the very thing that keeps us?  How long will we remain stubborn and unmoved? How long will we kill for personal gain, keep others bound with chains, and stripe our children’s children from their heritage and promises of plenty? How long will we ignore the poor in heart, poor in spirit and just the plain poor? How long will we watch others suffer when we have the ability to aid, guide, support and protest? How long?  How long will we allow this system of oppression to keep us bound?  How long???
I WANT MY FREEDOM!!!
RECOMMENDED SCRIPTURE READINGS:
Lamentations (all 5 books)


No comments:

Post a Comment