Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Monday, June 25, 2012

Squeeze me...

2 Corinthians 4

Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. 2 Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,”[a] made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. 
 
7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.
13 It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.”[ Since we have that same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak, 14 because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to himself. 15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.



Marvin Sapp is singing the testimony of so many people...I know this for sure because we have all been hard pressed, pressured, suffered grief, loss, felt lonely, abandoned, insecure and maybe even that we would die in the midst of mental anguish, but instead God stepped in and provided the strength we needed to endure.  I made it and so can you!
 
 
 
 
OTHER TRANSLATIONS
 
GOD'S WORD® Translation
In every way we're troubled, but we aren't crushed by our troubles.
We're frustrated, but we don't give up.
 
We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed.
We are perplexed, but not driven to despair.
 
We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed;
perplexed, but not driven to despair;
 
We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed;
we are perplexed, but not in despair;
 
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
For we are squeezed in all things, but we are not strangled;
we are harassed, but we are not condemned.
 

PRAYER:
Lord, all we can simply say is thank you for allowing us to make it from day to day.  Bless those who at this time are on the verge of giving up.  Let your word be the source of encouragement they need, reminding them that you are God and God alone.  Thank you for changing the mind of the one considering suicide.  Thank you for renewing the mind of the one on the edge of a nervous break down.  Thank you for changing the heart of the one at the point of walking away from everything including children, marriage, family, school, that job, church and even those on the edge of aborting their purpose.  Give them rest for their weary souls and hope to persevere with you as their source of strength, contentment, joy, peace, happiness, love, support and the very breath of life. Thank you God for being gentle.  Send your comfort, In Jesus name I pray, Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment