Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Trickster, Now the Tricked


Humble yourself before the Lord and He will lift you up
~ James 4:10 (NIV)


The trickster has been tricked!  How you ask?  Glad you asked!

The trickster has been tricked because while he thought I laid down my life for him, while he thought I gave up, what really happened is my posture was a laying down to die to self. My laying down was my surrender to God. While I was down with my face in the dirt, my hands lifted above my head, my body stiff and still, I was praying in the spirit.  Surrendering, yielding every fabric of my being to God.  When I stood up the enemy was shocked. 

Shocked you ask?  Yes SHOCKED!

1st because I was standing when he thought all of his antics, attacks and distractions were what knocked me down

2nd because although he knew the person that he THOUGHT he knocked down, stomped out and killed, when I got up I looked new and he could not identify me as the person who went down so he was confused by my very presence

3rd he wasn’t even sure whether to attack, move forward or run because my appearance resembled the very appearance of God in all His glory. He couldn’t separate me from God and he surely was not going to attack God because even he has to yield and present himself to God. 

I tricked the trickster when I layed down and when I got up, the God in me rose to inconceivable levels.  I will never bow to satan.  My daily surrender, my daily death is so God can breathe new life in me, so God can fill me with more of Him, so God can clean me and fix me again, renewing my mind, so God can hide me in Him and my enemy and all his imps and forces are confounded all the more every time I get up!

Glory to God who has all power in HIS hand! I surrender to the all wise, all knowing, all loving and perfect God my Father and announce to the enemy, even he must come, submitting himself to the God of all.




PRAYER:
Lord here I am, humbling myself before your presence asking that you hide me in the safety of your tabernacle as the enemy seeks my life. Preserve me O'Lord. Be my shield and my buckler.  I freely offer all to you.  I surrender my worship, bringing myself low to adore you in the beauty of your Holiness.  I say yes to your will and yes to your way. I know only that You are good.  You do all things perfectly so perfect my life.  Allow my yes to be authentically from my heart as you purge me. I deny myself, deny my flesh and I eat from your table,  digesting your word for it is health, life and strength to my bones.  Thank you for receiving me as Your own. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for bringing my mind under subjection as I surrender all its contents.  Thank you for refreshing my dreams and visions.  As I surrender the call on my life.  I anticipate a move from on high because you see my posture and acknowledge the voice of your chosen. In Jesus name I render this prayer thanking you in advance for what You shall do, Amen.

Read the below scripture and maybe you, like me, will find the irony here as Jobs accusers who are his “friends” accuse the chosen of being flawed and sinful yet they have NOT the true knowledge or understanding of God or what He allows, ultimately for HIS GLORY

JOB 11:7-20
7
“Can you fathom the mysteries of God?
Can you probe the limits of the Almighty?
8 They are higher than the heavens above—what can you do?
They are deeper than the depths below —what can you know?
9 Their measure is longer than the earth
and wider than the sea.

10 “If he comes along and confines you in prison
and convenes a court, who can oppose him?
11 Surely he recognizes deceivers;
and when he sees evil, does he not take note?
12 But the witless can no more become wise
than a wild donkey’s colt can be born human.

13 “Yet if you devote your heart to him
and stretch out your hands to him,
14 if you put away the sin that is in your hand
and allow no evil to dwell in your tent,
15 then, free of fault, you will lift up your face;
you will stand firm and without fear.

16 You will surely forget your trouble,
recalling it only as waters gone by.
17 Life will be brighter than noonday,
and darkness will become like morning.
18 You will be secure, because there is hope;
you will look about you and take your rest in safety.

19 You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid,
and many will court your favor.
20 But the eyes of the wicked will fail,
and escape will elude them;
their hope will become a dying gasp.”


1 comment:

  1. Amen! I receive as I walk this path currently surrendering MY ALL....

    ReplyDelete