Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Monday, September 19, 2011

I REFUSE...

“I Refuse”
By: Stacie J. Whitaker-Harris

I refuse to be anything other than what the Father says I am
I refuse to be consumed by anger
I refuse to allow my pride to reduce my ability to live
I refuse to be controlled by the words of others
I refuse to allow self-doubt to keep me from daily progression
I refuse to be a victim of circumstance
I refuse to grow bitter or envious, hateful or spiteful
I refuse to suppress my will to live
I refuse to fall into traps that lead back to bound roads
I refuse to regret the life I live
I refuse even more to regret the life I’ve LIVED
I refuse to be crushed by broken promises
I refuse to exist as a sexual object, a toy, a Barbie doll without a brain, no sense and lacking pride
I refuse to live a life without color
I refuse to grow into an unimaginative zombie numb to the cruel people in the beautiful world whose sole purpose is to seek and destroy my soul
What I refuse may not be what you refuse
But I refuse to be devalued and deduced to substandard living because some refuse nothing when others refuse everything
I refuse to live my life void…for I AM purpose and that I cannot refuse

No comments:

Post a Comment