Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Monday, November 14, 2011

Reflection of the Morning

Here we are on the 14th day of the eleventh month.  Five days ago we celebrated my baby brothers 33rd birthday.  In three days my oldest daughter will be 19 and in seven days my baby, my cousin Derek, will celebrate another year of life.  Eight days from now my baby sister will turn 32, while I am just ten days away from my 36th birthday.  My how time flies!

With the hustle and bustle of everyday life it’s easy to get so wrapped up in monotonous routines that we miss just plain old living.  This morning’s meditation given by Makini Henson came from Ecclesiastes 8:15 during our 7am prayer call which said that we should take time to eat, drink and be merry!  In other words, enjoy the air you breath – actually think about the breath – feel it – immerse yourself in the breath as it engages with your soul.  Go out and enjoy the earths beautiful landscape with all its vibrant colors and the array of shapes and sizes.  Smile just as much on the inside as you do on the outside allowing your body to accept and let loose your inner child.  Run, jump and skip.  Play ring-around-the-rosey or duck, duck goose.  Go dancing, skating or grab your hoola-hoop.  When you eat, don't inhale your food as you are accustomed to doing – as most of us eat but never take time to savor every flavorful bite.  Do not gulp your water, apple juice or soda but take slow sips allowing your tongue to absorb the liquids particle by particle.

Whether you sit still, go for a walk, play video games or read your favorite book, just for a moment do it not as ritual or task but see the beauty and satisfaction in it.  Make time to enjoy absolutely nothing sometimes and everything at the same time.  It’s the smallest things that we miss when we are always rushing about to and from as time escapes us!  Life is for the living so enjoy every moment and all the things within it with deep robust, hearty laughter bringing you to a place of sheer fulfillment and contentment!

Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment