Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Monday, November 28, 2011

End of the year celebration

What more could I ask for...

This year has been simply amazing!  I have loved, lost, gained new friends, my family expanded, dreams came to fruition, fears faded, faith increased, focus improved and my territory increased in ways I could not imagine it would.

The journey began with the introduction of The Embracing Me Project, starting with the 2 Embrace Me blog site in January 2011.  In February the 9th Annual "Living the Legacy of our mother" celebration yielded much fruit and healing.  March we lost one of our precious gifts, my middle sister Karen D. Jones.  April was challenging as we dealt with the prior months grief and loss while preparing for the birth of "The Whitaker Book of Poetry", a compilation of poems written by me and my family (brothers, sister and seven oldest of my mother’s grandchildren).  We did this in honor of our mother the late Barbara A. Whitaker-Jones.  In May we released "The Whitaker Book of Poetry" during our 1st Annual Family and Friends Day in conjunction with my church's (The Emmanuel Church, Bishop Durant K. Harvin III) Women's Day Celebration. June, July and August we traveled from the east to the west coast showcasing "The Whitaker Book of Poetry", book signings, book readings and workshops.  Finally for the remaining four months of the year I have been in preparation to release a second portion of The Embracing Me Project which is the first in the four book Embracing Me memoir series titled "Hell & Heaven at 8". 

Every day since January 2, 2011 I had the blessed privilege of hosting and facilitating a Women's early Morning Prayer call and sharing in monthly meet-up (fellowship) opportunities.  Sometime during the month of September the prayer call opened up and both men and women from all across the United States as well as in other countries such as Japan have called in for our time of prayer and meditation.  God has moved mightily, healing, restoring and uplifting all who share in this time of prayer.

For this final month of 2011, we will conclude our monthly fellowship as a celebration for women, men and families -- but much like the month of November, this is no ordinary celebration.  Here in December we will celebrate the birth of book I "Hell & Heaven at 8" with a private reception, book reading and book signing in my home.

 - WHEN: December 17, 2011
 - TIME:   5PM - 9PM

All other details will be emailed in a separate invitation.  If you do not have email and wish to share in this celebration please email me at GODSGIFTLLC@GMAIL.COM

May God continue to be your source, guiding light and strength as we conclude one year and EMBRACE an entirely new experience in 2012!



No comments:

Post a Comment