Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Monday, April 23, 2012

My yo-yo diet...

"My yo-yo diet"


This diet is not your typical diet.  In fact, it’s more so about being sluggish in eating and properly ingesting the word of God. Eating when it’s convenient opposed to understanding the necessity in being fed consistently. Picking up the bible when you need a word of comfort, when you are trying to argue a point or when you need to be encouraged or even worse, to try to give someone else a word as if you always read and study. We cannot afford to be vegans, vegetarians, coniferous (carnivores), or selective. We must have well-rounded diets which consist of knowing and studying the word regularly. This is the only way we grow from feeding and relying solely on milk to growing from the meat, gaining sustenance.

We cannot expect Pastors and preachers to do all the work! This is one diet we cannot afford to skimp on. No yo-yo dieting with the word of God. Be consistent and watch your attitudes, behaviors and life become stable. Be unswerving in your study and absorption of the word of God and watch the word work in your life. You'll find that you are experiencing abundant peace, joy, good health, becoming prosperous, able to forgive more easily, capable of serving with a smile even when judged or persecuted, you'll see your temperament change.

It takes just as much patience and time in study as it does faith to establish good eating habits. So be steadfast and watch your weight stabilize while your burdens decrease, becoming lighter!


SCRIPTURES:
Matthew 4:4 – MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God

Ezekiel 3:1-3 – Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel.2 So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll.3 And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness.

PRAYER:
Lord, help me to trust you at your word enough to study your word daily, that I may grow healthy and strong having my spirit fortified in you. I love you for reminding me that your word is the very nutrients necessary for my life. Thank you for feeding me consistently.  Now Lord, help me to absorb what's necessary and to rid myself of the waste. Cleanse me O'Lord. I do humbly pray, In Jesus Name, Amen






No comments:

Post a Comment