Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Monday, April 11, 2011

Naked

NAKED
Remove the Make-up
Snot nosed, good for nothing, ignorant, naïve, sheltered, unconscious person; hiding behind the noise of loud words bellowing from your mouth with such arrogance.  Lacking confidence and self-esteem, fear wells in the pit of your belly, creeping through your intestinal walls upward towards your throat, cutting off your air and choking the life from your dreams.
Tears seeking to escape but you must keep a perfect disposition as if nothing moves you.  Cowards and weak minded persons allow these futile secretions to escape their tear ducts is the lie you will your spirit to believe.   You choose constrained limits, fortifying emotions with the over indulgence of outside forces such as cursing people with vile words, food, sex, clothing, shopping, judging others harshly and even creeping into a corner to make deep cuts into the creases of your arms in hopes to release the bad blood from the open wounds.
In a dark space, with no witness to behold your most fragile moment, no longer able to hide the weakened state of your frail being; the being that you created for others to see, to adore, to like, to love, to behold, you tear away the clothing, wash profusely the layers of make-up and your nakedness is revealed.  The primary person you sought to hide from sees you for who and what you really are.  Immediately, shame is released and you stand confronting yourself, seeing every blemish, wrinkle, scar, divot, discoloration and every inch of excessive skin.  Your soul cries out, horrified from the sight and sound echoing in the dark space.  Free from hiding, you stand alert, with senses awakened, now ready to reveal the REAL you without the make-up.


My charge to you today is: Be NAKED!

So often we hide behind ill-mannered, lowly thoughts of self.  Live a life FREE, uninhibited with the thoughts of others and especially the negative thoughts we feed ourselves.   Everyone has insecurities and issues that they struggle to keep hidden from others for fear of judgment, being exposed or not being accepted.  With that in mind, BE NAKED for you, NOT FOR OTHERS!  God sees you for who and what He created you as.  Therefore you don’t need make-up.  God has already MADE you beautifully and wonderfully with His love!  Just think, anything made in love is always a wonderful sight to behold…even with every blemish!  So put the concealer and foundation away!  Be unashamed of your nakedness.  Once the shame phases out, you’ll be able to walk victoriously as the person you were created to be!  It won’t be easy working without the make-up that you’ve become accustomed to using but it will get easier as time progresses.

“For in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible…yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and without blemish and unreproveable before him…whom we proclaim, admonishing every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ
Colossians 1:16-29

THE NEW NAKED YOU IS BEAUTIFUL WITHOUT THAT MAKE-UP!
“My course has changed and the wind has blown me upstream.  My struggle is not in staying afloat
but it lies in keeping my focus on who I am and not who I was” - SJWH

3 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Queen!

    This is very deeppppppppppppppp. Every word was very captivating and poetically written. This will enlighten many as they are chraged to be naked~the time is now to stop hidding behind THE MAKE UP WHICH COVERS UP WHO WE ARE DESIGNED TO BE!!!

    LOVE YA <3

    PEACE AND BLESSINGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this...speaks so true :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Stacie, your words inspired me very much. I've been reading some about the effect of our thoughts in our life and, for sure, they have a dramatic role in our journey. I'm working on that, I'm feeling better. I gave up watch TV, hardly watch the news and I avoid reading newspaper. It's a small step but it is a beginning. Thank you for your words. Jorge

    ReplyDelete