Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Half Way Point

Most of us have two eyes, two ears,two lips, two hands, two arms, two legs and two feet.  When ever one part moves the other parts must follow.  For example, let's take a look at our eyes.  How many of us can make one stay completely still while sending the other to look in another direction.  Ok, let's say someone may be able but most are not capable of doing so.

Now, let us consider our legs. How many of us can walk with one leg going forward and the other leg remain in place.  It's rather difficult to move forward and stand still at the same time.

From time to time I sit thinking about where I am, where I have come from and where I desire to go.  I wonder if I am on the right path to reaching my expected end.  I consider how I arrived to the place where I am and in thinking, all I can say is thank God for using all my parts, for giving me all the tools (signs) I need to grow and be successful while keeping Him as the foundation for all that I do.

As we journey through life there are many roads. Some made of dirt, some gravel, some are smooth, some rocky.  There are some with green lights and some with stop signs.  Every now and again we come to roads with blocks or detour signs.  Pay attention to the signs and don't be afraid to change roads when the signs say to do so.  Don't get agitated or frustrated, for the signs are just Gods way of guiding your steps.

Consider where you are and where you desire to go and remember this, taking one step puts us at the half way point but staying with both feet in the same space keeps you stagnant...while each step places us closer to

You will always have opportunities for growth and there will always be challenges as you grow but keep going anyway!


"Your success does not depend on who you are but rather, what you are willing to become"
~ Kirsten McKay Smith

ENCOURAGING SCRIPTURE:

And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise
~ Hebrews 6:15

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus
~ Philippians 3:12-14

Get wisdom! Get understanding...and in all your getting, get understanding. Exalt her, and she will promote you; She will bring you honor, when you embrace her, She will place on your head an ornament of grace; a crown of glory she will deliver to you...when you walk, your steps will not be hindered, and when you run, you will not stumble.
~ Proverbs 4:5-12


PRAYER FOR TODAY:

Our Lord and our God, thank you for ordering our footsteps and for directing our paths.  Helps us to yield to you in everything we do.  Grant us peace, rest and the necessary provisions as we travel along this journey called life.  Help us not to be stubborn.  Give us strength to endure, In Jesus name, Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment