Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Touch Me Again

I Want a New Touch

I remember when my mom died.  It was a Monday.  May 29, 2000, Memorial Day to be exact.  As the doctors and nurses worked diligently to stabilize my Mom, her family and friends formed a prayer circle.  In the midst of me leading prayer I felt a cool touch, almost like a kiss on my cheek. 
I remember it as if it were yesterday.  I was just about to say, “Lord heal and deliver my Mom” but instead I said, “Lord, have your way.  Give us the strength to accept YOUR outcome, YOUR will be done, In Jesus Name, Amen”.  It was the touch that reminded me God is ever present.  It was the touch that gave me hope, peace and strength to go through and accept this agonizing event in my life.
As prayer ended the doctors came to inform the family, they did all they could but there was nothing else they could do.  My Mom made her transition.  The cries began to bounce from wall to wall in the family waiting room.  Family members ran to hold and hug one another but just as someone approached me I said, “No, please don’t touch me”.  They thought it was because I was hurt and wounded but I knew that if I asked God to touch me…to hold me…to wrap me in His arms, He would never let go but if family held me, even if just for a moment, they would eventually have to let go. 
So I stood crying out, calling on the name of Jesus, praying deep within myself, asking God to touch me, hold me, keep me…I lay in the comfort of the Master’s bosom crying, being wrapped with arms that never let go.  As I awoke this morning I was reminded of an issue from yesterday and tears began to fall.  I recognized I was hurting but I also recognized I needed God to touch me again.  I wanted a new touch from God this morning.  His grace and mercy has kept me but His touch sustains and strengthens me to make it through a new day.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-2
“Now we beseech you, brethren, touching the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together unto him; to the end that ye be NOT quickly shaken from your mind, nor yet be troubled, either by spirit, or by word…”

TODAY, I PRAY THIS FOR YOU:
Our Lord and our God, thank you for another day filled with special touches from you.  I ask you to touch the heart, mind, spirit, physical bodies, finances and homes of each eye who reads this reflection and prayer.  Lord touch them with new mercy, touch them with a gentle hand of correction, touch them with loving kindness, touch them with grace, touch them with compassion…HAVE YOUR WAY IN THEIR LIVES! 
Restore broken places.  Build up the weak and the feeble mind.  Gather these, your children unto your bosom.  Hold them as only you can.  Do not allow them to shrink from your presence or be consumed with evil spirits.  Do not allow lack to guide their thoughts or motives.  Remind them with a touch, you have all provision.
Precious Lord, each time the tears fall, remind these, your children with a gentle touch through a cool breeze that you are ever present.  Set free those who suffer grief from burdens.  Release them to freely cast their cares on you.  Touch these, my brothers and sisters AGAIN with your love, In Jesus Name, I pray Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment