Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Daily Routine

Quite often we wake up, take our next breath, rub our eyes, swing our legs over the edge of the bed, whisper prayers into the atmosphere asking God to give us strength to make it through the day, rise from the bed, walk to the bathroom, brush out teeth, take a shower, clothe ourselves, begin making list for the days "must do" things, pack lunches for the children, fix breakfast, eat and then we move about the rest of the day going from task to task.  Some many things need to be done and we do as much as we can for that day and leave the rest for the next day.

Many of us have a similar routine with our spiritual lives.  We go to church each week, pray on a daily basis, attend bible study, read the scriptures, we are diligent to be kind to our neighbors, we say we love God, we feed the hungry and give shelter to those in need but somehow we have become so immersed in the culture and routine of doing God's work that we forget we ARE God's work.  The routine is not what God desires.  He does want us to be diligent in all we do but we must often search our hearts to see if we have grown complacent.  Yes, all these things are important but it is equally important to expect God to perform miraculously in your life and in the lives of others.  We are so caught in routine that we don't even look for God to do something new.  We are now looking for God to heal.  We are not expecting restoration in our families.  Many of us aren't even sure if we believe because it appears things in our lives are not changing or getting better. 

I encourage you to search not only your heart but pay close attention to the things that you are thinking.  What are you saying to yourself?  What do you believe? Are you going along day by day in the daily routine because it appears that is the thing you should be doing?

Know this, the Lord did something wonderful when He created you! Walk not in the routine but as the work of God in the spirit of God which is love.  He redeemed you and thus, you are no longer the same.  Expect God's divine power to work in you and in your life. 

PRAYER:
Lord I cry out to you asking you to search me.  Improve me God according to your word.  Help me to walk in this life trusting you, believing you are greater than my thoughts. Lord God of all keep my heart and my mind.  Purge and cleanse me. Speak Your truth into my spirit. Help me to keep my eyes on you. Lord I desire to walk in love and peace not because the world says but because of who you are.  I do not desire to please the hearts of men and women.  I do not seek their approval. I do not desire to walk around in this life in a fog.  Take away monotonous routine and allow me to be immersed in you.  Redeem my soul.  Lord mighty are the works of your hands.  Lord get the glory out of my life.  Allow me to do as you say without fear and doubt but in a Holy boldness and confidence of who You are in me. Thank you for your mercy. In Jesus Name I do pray, Amen
Psalm 26

Vindicate me, O Lord,
For I have walked in my integrity
I have also trusted in the Lord; I shall not slip
Examine me O, Lord, and prove me;
Try my mind and my heart.
For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes,
And I have walked in Your truth. 
I have not sat with idolatrous mortals,
Nor will I go in with hypocrites. 
I have hated the assembly of evildoers,
And will not sit with the wicked. 
I will wash my hands in innocence;
So I will go about Your altar, O Lord,
That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving,
And tell of all Your wondrous works,
Lord, I have loved the habitation of Your house, 
And the place where Your glory dwells, 
Do no gather my soul with sinners, 
Nor my life with bloodthirsty men,
In whose hands is a sinister scheme,
And whose right hand is full of bribes.
But as for me, I will walk in my integrity:
Redeem me and be merciful to me. 
My food stands in an even place
In the congregation I will bless the Lord 

No comments:

Post a Comment