Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Grateful for my JOB Experience

Grateful For My Job Experience
From the day I was born, all appeared as if it were well.  My mother and father believed they shared in the experience of giving birth to a perfectly healthy baby girl.  I had all ten fingers and all ten toes.  My lungs worked and my heart beat was normal.  With squinted teary eyes, I looked at my parents and when they spoke to me I responded with a coo.  My parents were ecstatic to have a beautiful baby girl and my big brother, well, let's just say he was not a happy camper when I came home from the hospital.  Little did my parents know, chronic illness, sickness, disease and even predators lay waiting and lurking for an opportunity to steal their baby girl’s life. 

By age four, my mother had seen more hospital visits for me than she cared to or even thought she would.  Tonsillitis and strep throat were the culprits.  With body temperatures exceeding 102.8 degrees and persistent nightly cries due to pain, my mother dragged herself from her bed heading to the nearest emergency room with me toddling beside or straggling behind her.  Each occurrence was followed by isolation from my siblings and other family members, crushed Tylenol, cups of jello, scoops of ice-cream and loads of Kool-aid in its assorted flavors.

By age eight, my mother experienced a greater sense of pain, exposed to sickness and disease in the form of molestation.

By age twelve, my mother’s afternoons were spent picking me up from school due to fainting spells.  

By age seventeen, my mother stood at my bedside praying for God to allow me to live and I lay in pain from head to toe wondering what was next.  But somehow I believed that I would not die.

With many other experiences beyond those stated, I certainly could go on and on about the struggles I’ve endured but instead this morning I reflect on these things and am grateful for my JOB experiences, for they have made me better.  Diligence, determination but most of all faith kept me.
So I leave you with this, “How can you live by faith if not vested through test”?  Your issues; sickness of the body, mind and spirit are NOT unto death.
“Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust” - Psalm 16:1

This Baby is a Miracle -- I know because SHE is ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment