Welcome

Embracing Me is an opportunity for us to connect with ourselves...learning to embrace the God within. The post that I share with you are very real. The experiences of my life (whether good, bad or indifferent) sought to develop me into a Woman who honors the God that dwells inside of me.

For over 10 years I fought against sharing my life's experiences with the world but I also neglected to fully share my gifts. You may ask why I denied myself to live and the answer is fear! After relinquishing the fear of my own thoughts as well as the thoughts of others I have decided to do and be all that God has ordained. He chose me to share my testimonies through songs, poetry, short stories and encouraging words.

I invite you to travel with me as I journey into yet another fearful place, seeking to please the Father while providing healing, restoration and inspiration as chosen. It is my hope that these words will improve your daily living.

My charge to you: Think Well. Do Well. Speak Well. Be Well. Live Well.


"For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:10-11

Sunday, September 30, 2012

It may be raining but NOT my will...

We all like when the sun shines because we can hang out, go to the beach...
AND, there's that something special about the sun that invigorates us.  Most of us prefer not to have the cloudy days.  Although we know the rain is necessary for cleansing and for the growth of things we need like the flowers, trees, grass, herbs, fruits and vegetables, we still would rather have the sunshine. 
 
Many of us are the same way in our lives. We want all the good times but stray away from the bad.  We even run at the first sign of trouble not realizing that the bad times are just as important for our growth as the rain is to the earth and all we gain from the sudden down pours.

Embrace the good, the bad, the highs, the lows, the thunder, the lightening, the sudden down pours and the constant drizzles just as much as the sunshine and watch what grows!
 
Romans 5:3-5 (NCV) says, "...these troubles produce patience, and patience produces character and character produces hope. And this hope will never disappoint us, because God has poured out his love to fill our hearts..." 


 
 

SCRIPTURES:
 
Psalm 62 ~ NIV
 
Truly my soul finds rest in God;
my salvation comes from him.
2 Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
3 How long will you assault me?
Would all of you throw me down—
this leaning wall, this tottering fence?
4 Surely they intend to topple me
from my lofty place;
they take delight in lies.
With their mouths they bless,
but in their hearts they curse.

5 Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him.
6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
8 Trust in him at all times, you people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
9 Surely the lowborn are but a breath,
the highborn are but a lie.
If weighed on a balance, they are nothing;
together they are only a breath.
10 Do not trust in extortion
or put vain hope in stolen goods;
though your riches increase,
do not set your heart on them.

11 One thing God has spoken,
two things I have heard:
“Power belongs to you, God,
12 and with you, Lord, is unfailing love”;
and, “You reward everyone
according to what they have done.”
 
 
Psalm 46 ~ NKJV
 
God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah
 
4 There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.
6 The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted.
7 The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah
 
8 Come, behold the works of the Lord,
Who has made desolation's in the earth.
9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
He burns the chariot in the fire.
 
10 Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!
11 The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah


PRAYER:
Most Holy and Loving God, Our merciful Lord, seems we have far to many reasons to focus on the clouds of life instead of the beauty. I pray that even as You allow the rainbow to show itself as a reminder of Your promises, tender love and gentle care for Your creations, that we will receive Your word as truth.  Thank You for considering us enough to provide shelter in times of storms.  Thank You for guiding our footsteps that when puddles are deep we can maneuver through the dirt and still come out clean, not getting stuck or becoming stagnant.  Thank You for growth even when weeds and thorns spring up with us. And Lord, I certainly thank You for the joyful and peaceful times when the air is calm and still.  Father, I receive both, for I know in the end there is a yielding of both fruit and increase. Now Lord, bless the eyes of the one who reads this post.  Encourage their souls and enlighten them to see the storm differently from this day forward.  In Jesus name I humbly pray, Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment